CITY OF PLACERVILLE
CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
Regular City Council Meeting
City Council Chambers – Town Hall
549 Main Street, Placerville, CA 95667
7:00 P.M. Open Session
NO CLOSED SESSION SCHEDULED
7:00 P.M. OPEN SESSION
1. CALL TO ORDER & PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
2. ROLL CALL: Colvin, Lishman, Salazar, Tammi, Washburn
3. ANNOUNCEMENTS TO THE PUBLIC
4. CLOSED SESSION REPORT – No Closed Session Scheduled
5. ADOPTION OF AGENDA
6. CEREMONIAL MATTERS
7. PUBLIC COMMENT – BRIEF – NON-AGENDA ITEMS
This portion of the meeting is reserved for persons wishing to address the Council on any matter not on the Agenda.
Speakers are limited to five minutes. State law prohibits the Council from acting on items not listed on the Agenda except by special action of the City Council under specified circumstances.
PLEASE GIVE ANY WRITTEN MATERIAL PRESENTED AT THE MEETING TO THE CITY CLERK FOR THE PUBLIC RECORD.
7.1 Oral Communication
7.2 Written Communication
8. CONSENT CALENDAR
NOTE: All matters listed under the Consent Calendar are considered routine and will be enacted by one motion by roll call vote unless any member of the Council or audience wishes to remove an item for discussion. The reading of the full text of all Ordinances and Resolutions will be waived unless a Councilmember requests otherwise.
8.1 Minutes of January 9, 2001
Recommendation by the City Manager to approve the Minutes of January 9, 2001.
8.2 Warrant Register (Ms. Bowman)
Recommendation by the Finance Director to approve the Warrant Register.
8.3 Payroll Register (Ms. Bowman)
Recommendation by the Finance Director to approve the Payroll Register.
8.4 Consent to Offer of Street Dedication for 3197 Clark Street and Execution of Agreement Restricting Use of Property (Mr. Crovitz)
Resolution No. ___________
Recommendation by the Public Works Director to adopt a Resolution authorizing the Mayor and the City Clerk to execute on behalf of the City of the Placerville the following:
1. Consent to an Offer of Street Dedication for ten foot of right-of-way along 3197 Clark Street.
2. Execute an agreement restricting use of property.
3. Direct the Mayor and the City Clerk to record the above offer and agreement.
8.5 Police Department Building Maintenance (Chief Brown)
Resolution No. __________
Recommendation from the Chief of Police to adopt a Resolution approving the appropriation of $600.00 from the Contingency for Operating Expenditures to the Police Department’s Operating Budget Acct. # 100-439-29-17-51-53.
9. ORDINANCES – None Scheduled
10. PUBLIC HEARINGS – None Scheduled
11. DISCUSSION/ACTION ITEMS
11.1 Setting a Tentative Date for the Citygate Workshop
11.2 Sign Ordinance Amendments – Phase 1, Temporary Signs
Recommendation from the City Planner/Acting Community Development Director to direct staff to prepare draft sign regulations for temporary signs, and to review those draft regulations in a Study Session the Planning Commission and members of the public, including members of the Sign Committee and those who expressed an interest in participating on the subcommittees.
11.3 Update on Councilmember Committee Assignments and PBIA Appointment (Ms. Zito)
Recommendation by the City Clerk/Human Resource Officer to:
1. Acknowledge and file Councilmember Colvin’s PBIA appointment of Marne Coots of Z Pies.
2. Discuss the appointment of a Councilmember as the non-voting City representative to the Recreation and Parks Commission (held the third Wednesday of the month at 5:00 P.M.
3. Acknowledge and file the Councilmember Committee assignments.
12. ITEMS PULLED FROM THE CONSENT CALENDAR
13. COUNCILMEMBERS REPORTS/ITEMS INITIATED BY
14. STAFF REPORTS
14.1 Skateboard Park Update (Mr. Mueller)
Written report enclosed.
14.2 Highway 50 Operational Improvements (oral report by Mr. Crovitz)
14.3 Sign Damage (oral report by Mr. Crovitz)
15. UPCOMING ITEMS
January 29 Interviews for Recreation & Park Commission and other City Committees
January 30 Interviews for Planning Commission and other City Committees
The Council will hold interviews for Committees, Commissions and Boards on Monday, January 29 and Tuesday, January 30, 2001 beginning at 5:00 P.M. at Town Hall, Council Chambers.
The next Regular Council meeting will be held February 13, 2001: 6:00 P.M. Closed Session; 7:00 P.M. Regular Session.
Susan Zito, City Clerk