CITY OF PLACERVILLE
CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
Regular City Council Meeting
City Council Chambers – Town Hall
549 Main Street, Placerville, CA 95667
6:30 P.M. Closed Session
7:00 P.M. Open Session
6:30 P.M. CLOSED SESSION
Pursuant to the cited authority (all references to the Government Code), the City Council will hold a Closed Session to discuss the following items:
Code 54957 Public Employment: Police Sergeant
Code 54956.9 Existing Litigation: One Case – Winters vs. City of Placerville
7:00 P.M. OPEN SESSION
1. CALL TO ORDER & PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
2. ROLL CALL: Colvin, Lishman, Salazar, Tammi, Washburn
3. ANNOUNCEMENTS TO THE PUBLIC
4. CLOSED SESSION REPORT – City Manager/Attorney Driscoll
5. ADOPTION OF AGENDA
6. CEREMONIAL MATTERS
6.1 Certificate of Appreciation to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints for Beautification Projects in the Old City Cemetery and Uppertown Cemetery
This certificate is awarded in recognition of the Placerville Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints for their clean up and beautification projects involving two historic cemeteries. The work performed by church volunteers was completed prior to Memorial Day services at the cemeteries.
6.2 Certificate of Appreciation to the Green Party of El Dorado County for Pollution Prevention and Storm Drain Marking
This certificate is awarded in recognition of the Green Party of El Dorado County for their efforts in marking storm drain inlets throughout the City. Between February and April of 2001, this group marked approximately 300 storm drains with “Don’t Dump! Protect Your Water” stencils. This work compliments the City’s efforts in complying with the National Pollution Discharge Elimination System for non-point pollution.
7. PUBLIC COMMENT – BRIEF – NON-AGENDA ITEMS
This portion of the meeting is reserved for persons wishing to address the Council on any matter not on the Agenda.
7.1 Oral Communication
Speakers are limited to five minutes. State law prohibits the Council from acting on items not listed on the Agenda except by special action of the City Council under specified circumstances.
PLEASE GIVE ANY WRITTEN MATERIAL PRESENTED AT THE MEETING TO THE CITY CLERK FOR THE PUBLIC RECORD.
7.2 Written Communication – None Noted
8. CONSENT CALENDAR
NOTE: All matters listed under the Consent Calendar are considered routine and will be enacted by one motion by roll call vote unless any member of the Council or audience wishes to remove an item for discussion. The reading of the full text of all Ordinances and Resolutions will be waived unless a Councilmember requests otherwise.
8.1 Minutes of May 22, 2001
Recommendation by the City Manager/Attorney to approve the Minutes of May 22, 2001.
8.2 Warrant Register (Ms. Bowman)
Recommendation by the Finance Director to approve the Warrant Register.
8.3 Payroll Register (Ms. Bowman)
Recommendation by the Finance Director to approve the Payroll Register.
8.4 League of California Cities Proposed Bylaws Amendment to Increase Dues to Implement League Grassroots Network (Mr. Driscoll)
Resolution No. __________
Recommendation by the City Manager/Attorney to adopt a Resolution authorizing the City Manager to execute a ballot on behalf of the City of Placerville approving the addition of Article XVI to League of California Cities Bylaws establishing a League Grassroots Network.
8.5 Extension of the City of Placerville’s Participation in the El Dorado County Transportation Commission’s Advocacy Program (Mr. Driscoll)
Resolution No. __________
8.6 Master Plan Bid Award (Chief Brown)
Resolution No. _________
Recommendation by the Chief of Police to adopt a Resolution that:
(1) Awards the Professional Services Bid for the architecture/engineering services to complete the Public Safety Building Needs Assessment/Master Plan to WLC Architects in the amount of $24,445.00; and
(2) Appropriates $9,445. from the Contingency for Capital Projects to make up the difference in the original CIP Budget for this professional service.
8.7 Award of Bid for Backhoe, Grinder, and Oiler (Mr. Crovitz)
Resolution No. _________
Recommendation by the Director of Public Works to adopt a Resolution awarding bids for purchase of Public Works Department equipment as follows:
1. Case 4WD Backhoe/Loader 590M with the optional hydraulic system to GCS Western Power and Equipment in the amount of $66,150.73
2. Universal Cold Asphalt Planer (grinder) AP400III to Edward R. Bacon Co. in the amount of $11,686.00.
3. Diamond Bilt portable Emulsion Sprayer PM 230T to Ricker Machinery Co. in the amount of $7,147.14
8.8 Annual 4th of July Fireworks Permit Application
Recommendation by the El Dorado County Fire Protection District to approve the Permit Application to conduct a public fireworks display for Pyro Spectaculars, Inc. on July 4th at the Placerville Speedway.
9.1 First Reading of an Ordinance Regarding Restricted Parking (Briw Road, Cedar Ravine, Crescent St) (Mr. Crovitz)
Recommendation from the Director of Public Works and the Traffic Safety Committee to introduce an Ordinance amending the City Municipal Code Section 9-3-8 eliminating (restricting) parking as follows:
1. On the west side of Briw Road from the intersection of Forni Road 100 feet southerly and on the east side of Briw Road from the intersection of Forni Road 300 feet southerly; and
2. On the west side of Cedar Ravine Road within 15 feet of residential driveways between 3154 and 3170; and
3. On the south side of Crescent Street from the intersection of Lewis Street 100 feet easterly; and
4. Waive the First Reading of said Ordinance.
10. PUBLIC HEARINGS – None Scheduled
11. DISCUSSION/ACTION ITEMS – None Scheduled
12. ITEMS PULLED FROM THE CONSENT CALENDAR
13. COUNCILMEMBERS REPORTS/ITEMS INITIATED BY
14. STAFF REPORTS
14.1 El Dorado County General Plan Oral Update (Mr. Calfee)
14.2 Highway 50 Operational Improvements Oral Update (Mr. Driscoll)
15. UPCOMING ITEMS
The next Regular Council meeting will be held June 26, 2001: 6:00 P.M. Closed Session; 7:00 P.M. Regular Session.
Susan Zito, CMC