CITY OF PLACERVILLE
CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
Regular City Council Meeting
December 11, 2001
City Council Chambers – Town Hall
549 Main Street, Placerville, CA 95667
6:00 P.M. Closed Session
7:00 P.M. Open Session
6:30 P.M. CLOSED SESSION
Pursuant to the cited authority (all references to the Government Code), the City Council will hold a Closed Session to discuss the following items:
Code 54956.9 Conference with Legal Counsel – Existing Litigation:
(1) Bonanno v. Central Contra Costa Transit Authority – Amicus Request
(2) Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board (Gneri)
(3) Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board (Franssen)
7:00 P.M. OPEN SESSION
1. CALL TO ORDER & PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
2. ROLL CALL: Colvin, Lishman, Salazar, Tammi, Washburn
3. ANNOUNCEMENTS TO THE PUBLIC
4. CLOSED SESSION REPORT – City Attorney Driscoll
5. ADOPTION OF AGENDA
6. CEREMONIAL MATTERS
7. PUBLIC COMMENT – BRIEF – NON-AGENDA ITEMS
This portion of the meeting is reserved for persons wishing to address the Council on any matter not on the Agenda.
7.1 Oral Communication
Speakers are limited to five minutes. State law prohibits the Council from acting on items not listed on the Agenda except by special action of the City Council under specified circumstances.
PLEASE GIVE ANY WRITTEN MATERIAL PRESENTED AT THE MEETING TO THE CITY CLERK FOR THE PUBLIC RECORD.
7.2 Written Communication
8. CONSENT CALENDAR
NOTE: All matters listed under the Consent Calendar are considered routine and will be enacted by one motion by roll call vote unless any member of the Council or audience wishes to remove an item for discussion. The reading of the full text of all Ordinances and Resolutions will be waived unless a Councilmember requests otherwise.
8.1 Minutes of November 13, 2001
Recommendation by the City Manager/City Attorney to approve the Minutes of November 13, 2001
8.2 Warrant Register (Ms. Bowman)
Recommendation by the Director of Administrative Services to approve the Warrant Register.
8.3 Payroll Registers (Ms. Bowman)
8.3A Recommendation by the Director of Administrative Services to approve the Payroll Register for Pay Period 11.
8.3B Recommendation by the Director of Administrative Services to approve the Payroll Register for Pay Period 10.
8.4 Proposition 12, Per Capita Grant Program (Mr. Mueller)
Resolution No. ______
Recommendation by the Director of Public Services to adopt a Resolution authorizing the City of Placerville to apply for grant funds for the per Capita Grant Program under the Safe Neighborhood Parks, Clean Water, Clean Air and Coastal Protection Bond Act of 2000.
8.5 Appropriation of Monies from the City Traffic Impact Mitigation (TIM) Fund for the Installation of Speed Bumps at Four Locations in the City (Mr. Crovitz)
Resolution No. ______
Recommendation by the Director of Public Works to adopt a Resolution appropriating monies from the City’s Traffic Impact Mitigation Fee Fund and authorizing the installation of speed bumps with signage and pavement markings at the following locations:
1. On Chrisman Alley at the intersection of Main Street between City Hall and the County Courthouse, one (1) removable speed bump, pavement marking and one warning sign.
2. On the alley between Broadway and Spanish Ravine Street through Stagecoach Plaza at the intersection with Spanish Ravine Street, one (1) removable speed bump, pavement marking and one warning sign.
3. At Gold Bug Park, along Gold Bug Lane east and west of the pedestrian crosswalk near the bus parking, two (2) removable bumps, pavement markings and two signs.
4. At the stop bars at the intersection of Clay Street and Coleman Street, three (3) removable speed bumps, three (3) warning signs and pavement markings.
8.6 Adoption of a Resolution Amending Section 9-3-7 “Stop Signs Designated” of the Municipal Code and Authorizing the Installation of a Stop Sign at the Intersection of Country Club and Sean Drives
Resolution No. ______
Recommendation by the Director of Public Works/City Engineer to adopt a Resolution authorizing the installation of a stop sign on the westbound direction of Country Club Drive at the intersection of Sean Drive. The Police Department, the Traffic Safety Committee and the Sean Drive neighborhood support this recommendation.
9.1 Second Reading of an Ordinance Amending Section 9-3-8 “Restricted Parking” of the Municipal Code Restricting Parking on the East Side of Mosquito Road from the El Dorado Trail, 200 Feet North (Mr. Crovitz)
Ordinance No. _____
Recommendation by the Director of Public Works to:
1. Waive the Second Reading of an Ordinance amending Section 9-3-8 restricting parking on the east side of Mosquito Road from the intersection of the El Dorado Trail 200’ north; and
2. Adopt said Ordinance.
10. PUBLIC HEARINGS – None Scheduled
11. DISCUSSION/ACTION ITEMS
11.1 Downtown Streetscape and Bell Tower Plaza Conceptual Design (Mr. Calfee)
Recommendation by the Director of Community Development to:
1. Receive the oral presentation and file the written report prepared by Callander & Associates on the Downtown Streetscape design concepts.
2. Direct staff to return to the City Council in January 2002 with a proposal for Phase 1 design for the Downtown Streetscape and a potential Capital Improvement Program for project Implementation.
11.2 Status Report on Weatherstone Subdivision Emergency Condition and Mitigation (Mr. Crovitz)
Recommendation from the Director of Public Works/City Engineer to declare a continuation of emergency status for securing the Weatherstone Subdivision from erosion and unauthorized entry and to continue authorization for the City Manager and City Engineer to take the appropriate remedial action.
11.3 Military Leave Extension
Resolution No. _______
12. ITEMS PULLED FROM THE CONSENT CALENDAR
13. COUNCILMEMBERS REPORTS/ITEMS INITIATED BY
14. STAFF REPORTS
14.1 Orchard Hill (Oral Report by Mr. Crovitz)
15. UPCOMING ITEMS
15.1 Cancellation of the Regularly Scheduled Council Meeting of December 25, 2001 and setting a date for a Special Council Meeting
The meeting stands adjourned in memory of Mayor Bonnie Tammi.
The next Regular Council meeting will be held January 8, 2002: 6:00 P.M. Closed Session; 7:00 P.M. Regular Session.
Susan Zito, CMC