CITY OF PLACERVILLE
CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
Regular City Council Meeting
City Council Chambers – Town Hall
549 Main Street, Placerville, CA 95667
5:00 P.M. Closed Session
7:00 P.M. Open Session
5:00 P.M. CLOSED SESSION
Pursuant to the cited authority (all references to the Government Code), the City Council will hold a Closed Session to discuss the following items:
Code 54956.9 Threatened and Potential Litigation
Code 54957.6 Conference with Labor Negotiator: Police Officers’ Association
7:00 P.M. OPEN SESSION
1. CALL TO ORDER, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG & INVOCATION
2. ROLL CALL: Acuna, Colvin, Lishman, Salazar, Washburn
3. ANNOUNCEMENTS TO THE PUBLIC
4. CLOSED SESSION REPORT – City Attorney Driscoll
5. ADOPTION OF AGENDA
6. CEREMONIAL MATTERS
6.1 Proclamation Declaring August 6, 2002 as National Night Out
6.2 Community Pride Award to Chris Katz
7. PUBLIC COMMENT – BRIEF – NON-AGENDA ITEMS
This portion of the meeting is reserved for persons wishing to address the Council on any matter not on the Agenda.
7.1 Oral Communication
Speakers are limited to five minutes. State law prohibits the Council from acting on items not listed on the Agenda except by special action of the City Council under specified circumstances.
PLEASE GIVE ANY WRITTEN MATERIAL PRESENTED AT THE MEETING TO THE CITY CLERK FOR THE PUBLIC RECORD.
7.2 Written Communication
8. CONSENT CALENDAR
NOTE: All matters listed under the Consent Calendar are considered routine and will be enacted by one motion by roll call vote unless any member of the Council or audience wishes to remove an item for discussion. The reading of the full text of all Ordinances and Resolutions will be waived unless a Councilmember requests otherwise.
8.1 Minutes of June 25, 2002
Recommendation to approve the Minutes of June 25, 2002.
8.2 Warrant Register (Ms. Bowman)
Recommendation by the Director of Administrative Services to approve the Warrant Register.
8.3 Payroll Register (Ms. Bowman)
Recommendation by the Director of Administrative Services to approve the Payroll Register.
8.4 Street Frontage Improvement Agreement – Ceinwen Court -Raymes
Resolution No. ____________
Recommendation from the Senior Engineering Technician to adopt a Resolution authorizing the Mayor and the City Clerk to execute on behalf of the City of Placerville, a Street Frontage Improvement Agreement between the City of Placerville and Steve Raymes for frontage on Ceinwen Court, and deferring improvements.
8.5 Procedure for Industrial Disability Retirement Determinations (Mr. Driscoll)
Resolution No. ________ Resolution No. ____________
Recommendation from the City Manager/Attorney that the Council adopt the following Resolutions:
1. A Resolution establishing a procedure for industrial disability retirement determinations of local safety officer employees of the Public Employees’ Retirement System; and
2. A Resolution delegating authority to the City Manager to make determinations under the Public Employees’ Retirement System with respect to local safety officers’ disability retirement; make applications on behalf of the City for disability retirement of all employees; and to initiate requests for reinstatement of employees who are retired for disability.
9.1 Second Reading of An Ordinance Amending the Zoning Map - Calicura (Mr. Calfee)
Recommendation by the Director of Community Development to:
1. Waive the Second Reading of an Ordinance Amending the Zoning Map Designation from PF, Public Facilities, to HWC, Highway Commercial, for 5.4 acres located on Fair Lane between Placerville Drive and the El Dorado County Government Center; and
2. Adopt said Ordinance.
10. PUBLIC HEARINGS
10.1 Site Plan Review 01-08 (681 Main Street) - Appeal (Mr. Calfee)
11. DISCUSSION/ACTION ITEMS
11.1 Council Update of Emergency Sewer Line Replacement: 20” Line, Hangtown Creek Station, 120 + 18
Recommendation by the Consulting City Engineer to:
1. Direct City Staff to continue to investigate lower cost repair alternatives, and, if feasible, implement for construction.
2. Adopt a motion for continuation of emergency status for sewer line reconstruction, 20” line, at Hangtown Creek Station 120 + 18.
11.2 Resolution of the City Council Appropriating Up to $335,000 for the Completion of the Forni Road Improvement Project, CIP #01-14
Recommendation from the Interim Public Works Director and the City Manager/Attorney to:
a) Adopt a Resolution appropriating $335,000 from the City of Placerville Surface Transportation Program fund allocation; and
b) Authorize the City Manager/Attorney to prepare and execute a claim of $335,000 in funds from the City’s allocated but undesignated share of the El Dorado Country Transportation Commission Surface Transportation Program funds; and
c) Direct the Director of Administrative Services to transfer said monies into account 225-455-01-14-72-50.
12. ITEMS PULLED FROM THE CONSENT CALENDAR
13. COUNCILMEMBERS REPORTS/ITEMS INITIATED BY
14. STAFF REPORTS
15. UPCOMING ITEMS
The Regular Council meeting of July 23, 2002 is cancelled.
The next Regular Council meeting will be held August 13, 2002: 6:00 P.M. Closed Session; 7:00 P.M. Regular Session.
Susan Zito, CMC