CITY OF PLACERVILLE
CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
Special City Council Meeting
March 30, 1999
(276 Days to the Millennium)
City Council Chambers - Town Hall
549 Main Street, Placerville, CA 95667
6:40 P.M. - Interview Orientation
7:00 P.M. - Open Session
NO CLOSED SESSION SCHEDULED
6:40 P.M. - INTERVIEW ORIENTATION FOR COUNCILMEMBERS
7:00 P.M. - OPEN SESSION
1. CALL TO ORDER, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG, INVOCATION
2. ROLL CALL: C. Borelli, K. Lishman, R. Salazar, B. Tammi, M. Washburn
3. ANNOUNCEMENTS TO THE PUBLIC
4. CLOSED SESSION REPORT - None
5. ADOPTION OF AGENDA
6. CEREMONIAL MATTERS - None Scheduled
7. PUBLIC COMMENT - BRIEF NON-AGENDA ITEMS
This portion of the meeting is reserved for persons wishing to address the Council on any matter not on the Agenda.
Speakers are limited to five minutes. State law prohibits the Council from acting on items not listed on the Agenda except by special action of the City Council under specified circumstances.
PLEASE GIVE ANY WRITTEN MATERIAL PRESENTED AT THE MEETING TO THE CITY CLERK FOR THE PUBLIC RECORD.
7.1 Written Communication - None
7.2 Oral Communication
8. CONSENT CALENDAR - None Scheduled
9. ORDINANCES - None Scheduled
10. PUBLIC HEARINGS - None Scheduled
11. DISCUSSION ITEMS
11.1 Interviews of Planning Commission Candidates
The candidates for three (3) Planning Commission seats will be interviewed in an open forum by the full Council. Following the public interviews, each Councilmember will complete a written ballot for the number of vacancies (3) on the Commission. The results of the balloting will be tabulated and announced publicly at the same meeting by the City Manager and a designated staff member. Applicants receiving the highest number of votes from three (3) or more members of the Council shall be appointed. The Council shall also have a second, or runoff, vote on a selected number of candidates under these same guidelines when an applicant does not receive a vote from a manority of the Council for one particular vacancy or when two (2) or more applicants tie in the initial balloting.
Ballots are color-coded to indicate each separate vote taken and includes the name of the Councilmember. Results of each individual Councilmember's vote will be a matter of public record and be made available to the public upon request under the Ralph M. Brown Act and the Public Records Act.
12. ITEMS PULLED FROM THE CONSENT CALENDAR - No Consent Calendar Scheduled
13. COUNCILMEMBER REPORTS / ITEMS INITIATED BY COUNCILMEMBERS
14. STAFF REPORTS
14.1 Ms. Bowman, Mr. Brown, Mr. Crovitz, Mr. Mueller, Mr. Eisner
15. UPCOMING ITEMS
Draft Graffiti Abatement Ordinance
Second Reading of PBIA Ordinance
Second Reading of an Ordinance Regarding Parking Limits
Appointment of Committee, Commission & Boards Consent
16. ADJOURNMENT to the Regular City Council meeting of April 13, 1999, 6:00 P.M. Closed Session; 7:00 P.M. Regular Meeting.
Susan Zito, Deputy City Clerk