CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
Regular City Council Meeting
March 24, 2009
City Council Chambers – Town Hall
5:00 P.M. Special Session – Recreation & Parks Commission Interviews
(Upstairs Conference Room)
6:15 P.M. Closed Session
7:00 P.M. Open Session
6:15 P.M. CLOSED SESSION
Pursuant to the cited authority (all references to the Government Code), the City Council will hold a Closed Session to discuss the following items:
Govt. Code 54957.6 Conference with Labor Negotiator
Agency Negotiator: David Mackowiak
Employee Organizations: All Employee Groups
Govt. Code 54956.9 Conference with Legal Counsel – Potential Litigation – One Case
Materials related to an item on this Agenda,
submitted to the City Council either with or after
distribution of the agenda packet,
are available for public inspection in the
City Clerk’s Office at City Hall,
during normal business hours.
7:00 P.M. OPEN SESSION
1. CALL TO ORDER & PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
2. ROLL CALL: Acuna, Borelli, Hagen, Machado, Rivas
3. ANNOUNCEMENTS TO THE PUBLIC
4. CLOSED SESSION REPORT – City Attorney Driscoll
5. ADOPTION OF AGENDA
6. CEREMONIAL MATTERS
6.1 Oath of Office Administered by City Clerk to SHIELD Volunteer and Dispatch/Records Technician (Ms. Zito)
The City Clerk will administer the Oath of Office to Dispatch/Records Technician Nina Bonnici and SHIELD member Quila Bowlés.
7. PUBLIC COMMENT – BRIEF – NON-AGENDA ITEMS
This portion of the meeting is reserved for persons wishing to address the Council on any matter not on the Agenda that is within the subject matter jurisdiction of the City Council. State law prohibits the Council from acting on items not listed on the Agenda except by special action of the City Council under specified circumstances. The Mayor reserves the right to limit the speaker’s time to three minutes. The Mayor will recognize you and when you come to the microphone, please state your name for the record. You are not allowed to make personal attacks on individuals or make comments which are slanderous or which may invade an individual’s personal privacy.
7.1 Oral Communication
Speakers are limited to three minutes. State law prohibits the Council from acting on items not listed on the Agenda except by special action of the City Council under specified circumstances.
PLEASE GIVE ANY WRITTEN MATERIAL PRESENTED AT THE MEETING TO THE CITY CLERK FOR THE PUBLIC RECORD.
7.2 Written Communication
8. CONSENT CALENDAR
NOTE: All matters listed under the Consent Calendar are considered routine and will be enacted by one motion by roll call vote unless any member of the Council or audience wishes to remove an item for discussion. The reading of the full text of all Resolutions will be waived unless a Councilmember requests otherwise.
Recommendation to approve the Minutes of the regularly scheduled City Council meeting of March 10, 2009.
8.2 Warrant Register (Mr. Warren)
Recommendation by the Director of Finance to approve the Warrant Register.
8.3 Payroll Register (Mr. Warren)
Recommendation by the Director of Finance to approve the Payroll Register.
8.4 Purchase of Yale Model Walk Behind Material Handling Fork Lift (Mr. Pesses)
Resolution No. ______
Recommendation by the Director of Public Works that that City Council adopt a Resolution for the following action:
1. Approving the purchase of a Yale model: MSW 040-E walk behind material handling forklift unit with a purchase price of approximately $17,500 (including sales tax and shipping for the Hangtown Creek Water Reclamation Facility.
2. Authorizing the Director of Public Works and Finance Director to execute any associated purchase documents.
9. ITEMS PULLED FROM THE CONSENT CALENDAR
10. ORDINANCES – None Scheduled
11. PUBLIC HEARINGS – None Scheduled
12. DISCUSSION/ACTION ITEMS
12.1 Redevelopment Feasibility Study (Mr. Driscoll)
Resolution No. ______
Recommendation by the City Manager/Attorney that the City Council adopt a resolution authorizing the City Manager to enter into an agreement with Fraser & Associates to perform a Redevelopment Feasibility Study for the City of Placerville.
12.2 Fire Department Fees & Presentation (Chief Lacher)
Resolution No. ______
Recommendation that the City Council adopt a Resolution as follows:
1. Approving the collection of development fees for the Fire District.
2. Increasing the amount of the development fees for $500 per unit to $1.10 per square foot for all new residential, commercial, industrial and institutional development and finding that those fees charged are reasonably related to the amount attributed to new development projects.
13. COUNCILMEMBERS REPORTS/ITEMS INITIATED BY
14. STAFF REPORTS
15. UPCOMING ITEMS
A Special Joint Planning Commission/City Council Workshop is planned for March 31, 2009.
The next Regular Council meeting will be held on April 14, 2009 6:00 P.M. Closed Session; 7:00 P.M. Regular Session.
Susan Zito, CMC
I, Susan C.
Zito, CMC, City Clerk of the City of
Declare that the foregoing Agenda for the March 24, 2009
Meeting of the
Was posted and available for review on March 19, 2009
At the City
Hall of the City of
The Agenda is also available on the City website at
Signed this 19th
day of March, 2009 at
Susan C. Zito, CMC, City Clerk